I've Had To Shut My Radio Station Down (Sam Broadcaster Pro)

I looked at the Spacial Audio's social media feeds recently and couldn't help but notice an angry user venting about issues with SAM Broadcaster


I have SAM Broadcaster Pro on two laptops
neither will work because of constant crashing issues

sam broadcaster pro crashing

I cannot DJ because your software keeps letting me down

I have had to shut my radio station down


I can sympathise with the user venting his frustrations.

sam broadcaster pro

I used SAM Broadcaster for over 10 years and had nothing but headaches with constant crashing/buffering & freezing issues.

sam broadcaster encoders buffering

When SAM Broadcaster Pro crashed it would take the database with it.

As there is no way to backup or restore the database in SAM Broadcaster you have to prat around reinstalling everything.

This user shouldn't have to stop running their radio station

They just need to use more reliable radio automation software

They wouldn't have any of these crashing/stability issues if they switched to RadioDJ to stream music with

There is NO need to have to constantly reinstall RadioDJ as the software rarely crashes or goes wrong.

When I first used RadioDJ I used it to run 2 streams

RadioDJ Version 160

1 for another licenced radio station as backup and one for my own listening pleasure

I ran RadioDJ with standalone encoders and they worked for weeks without buffering or needing a restart.


No activations – No keys – No hidden fees – No contracts - No catches - No gimmicks

radio dj free radio automation music software

How To Install RadioDJ


I've used RadioDJ since November 2010 and it has NEVER let ME down.

Another user got 4 years uptime from v1.8.2

Even through all the different beta versions Radio DJ software was pretty much reliable as you could get...

I can leave RadioDJ to automate without needing to constantly needing to restart, repair or reinstall the program.

The last time I reinstalled RadioDJ was to upgrade to the latest version. RadioDJ is stable, reliable and dependable.

Nothing ever changes when it comes to SAM Broadcaster, Year after year & time after time, Spacial Audio release badly coded software that just isn't fit for use in a radio studio production environment

STOP! Buying software from Spacial Audio they simply have not got a clue what they're doing when it comes to coding radio playout software