I Have Zero Stress With Radio DJ Free Radio Playout Sofware

I got into Internet radio in 1999 when I tuned into a LIVE365 station when Internetradio was in its infancy.

It was late 2001 before I got my own Computer and Internet connection and was able to look into Internet radio a bit more.

Tiny Computer

I then set about learning about how to stream on the Internet.

I lost a position on an Oldies station in 2002 because of software constantly Malfunctioning without warning.

They let me go after a few weeks because I couldn't manage to do a full show even though it was software at fault.

I then set about trying to setup my own Internet radio station using a Shoutcast server which I rented for £7.50 a month.

Radio automation software offerings were few and far between in 2002

Winamp with DSP plugins, Streaming Audio Manager, DRS 2006 were a few of the available pieces of radio software available.

Winamp isn't suitable for running a radio station it has no artist/title repeat rules and no way of changing playlists automatically.

I could've had a successful radio station BUT I spent years fighting with inferior software that I had no hope of getting to work properly

Then in 2010 I found a totally new piece of free radio automation software, step forward RadioDJ

After first getting the software installed and a Database server configured it was and still is smooth sailing with RadioDJ

RadioDJ is being discovered by more and more broadcasters & its being talked about on videos on YouTube.

If YOU have had issues with software then I recommend switching to RadioDJ alongside a Standalone Encoder

Its really easy to stream these days all you need is a Shoutcast or Icecast server you find them on Google.

I have ZERO stress with RadioDJ

I can leave it alone for weeks to automate Music/Promos/Jingles

RadioDJ v1.8.2 had an uptime of over 4 years on one users laptop.

It is Incredibly RARE for RadioDJ to GO WRONG or Crash

RadioDJ requres an MySQL server but don't panic its not hard to install/maintain we recommend MariaDB for this task


radio dj free radio automation music software

Reasons to Use RadioDJ:

  1. Once installed it's stable and works for days/weeks without needing to keep an eye on it
  2. Great Music library support add as many categories & subcategories you require
  3. RadioDJ doesn't require online activations or registration keys
  4. RadioDJ sounds more Professional than SAM with the BASS sound engine
  5. RadioDJ is 100% FREE and has ZERO restrictions on what YOU use it for
  6. The Database is really stable. Plus RadioDJ comes with a Database Backup Tool
  7. Easy to manage Playlists, Rotations & Events for all your automation needs
  8. Great Technical Support should something go wrong with your installation via the Forums
  9. Customisable Interface with the Color Editor

How To Install RadioDJ


I use RadioDJ DAILY and it hasn't let me down ever.

BETA versions of RadioDJ have so far outperformed certain pieces of paid for Radio Automation Playout Software.

Even if you only use RadioDJ for a couple of hours a week you'll find it a Pleasure to use everytime you fire it up.