White Label Mailing Lists

Back in March 1987 I started doing DJ work at a Youth club.

A fellow DJ suggested I write letters to record companies to try and get a few freebie white label mixes.

So I put pen to paper and wrote to at least 4 record labels NOT expecting to hear anything back but I did.

white label

I started getting records sent from the mailing list guy at PWL records called PitStop (Steve Pitstop)

All I had to do was guage the audience reaction and fill in a form.

Kylie Minogue always went down well...

The Postie would bring at least 5/6 records a week at one point if we weren't in he would hide them in the coal shed.

My Dad started getting annoyed at being woken up by the Postie when it was records for me...

By 1990 I had ACCUMULATED a great collection of White Label Promo Only 12" mixes.

I had to get help every week taking boxes and carrier bags to the Youth Centre thats how big & heavy my record collection was getting.

Some of the White Labels I recieved were never released as singles.

Disaster struck in December 1990 I was out enjoying a Pre-Christmas party & some SCUMBAGS kicked the backdoor in and STOLE my record collection.

I was left devastaed by what had happened. It knocked my confidence as a DJ.

They left my brothers valuable Punk Collection alone so they knew exactly what they were after.

They had to have had a car to transport the records away, So that narrows down the suspects to 2.

I CANNOT prove my theory but I think the records were taken OUT OF SPITE by 2 DJ's who kept BULLYING me. They know who they are.

To J&M I hope your balls turn square and fester at the corners and drop off!

Some of my records were later found on a second hand record stall I only got a small amount back after bringing in the Police.

The White labels started to dry up around 1994 by that point most of the stuff I was being sent was utter crap.

I wish I still had all those white label records SADLY I only have a small amount of them now most of them not worth a great deal...
I was in a pub in South London in 1998 and sat at the bar was a guy who the bar staff were referring to as Pitstop.

I'd finally got to meet the guy who'd been good enough to add me to the PWL mailing list. I bought him a drink least I could do.