SAM Broadcaster Cuts Off The End Of Jingles

This is yet another issue within SAM Broadcaster Pro I could never get a sensible answer for.

SAM Broadcaster

As hard as I tried I could never get SAM to play jingles or station ID's properly it would always CHOP the end off.

This was a question asked recently on the SAM Broadcaster Forums.

Can anyone help with how to prevent radio spots, Station IDs, Jingles, Promos (Voice Ads) from being
cut-off at the end? Right now the ones I have get CHOPPED of at the end before they COMPLETE

It also does it with songs SAM Broadcaster Pro could NEVER crossfade properly.

I am still fighting with this I have a problem with the tracks snipping on the end
a fraction before the track is finished

I have tried every combination I can find regarding gap killers
and even tried various settings on crossfading in case that was the issue

You always ended up with a CAR CRASH of a crossfade between tracks in SAM.

I regularly saw people asking on the SAM forums as to how to get the software to crossfade

It doesn't matter what settings other users suggest SAM just won't transition correctly between songs, jingles and station ID's.

I've been messing with a couple of voice drops/jingles/station ID's
and no matter how I edit them SAM Broadcaster Pro seems to Chop off the end

This has been an issue since way back in 2002 when SAM v2.7.9 was on the go.

SAM Broadcaster Crossfader

I was a DJ for an oldies station whose jingles were professionally produced and it cut the end off them everytime.

OK, I need a little help with cross-fading and the Gap Killer

When there is a voice-track or a station ID, SAM seems to cut off the last second of the ID or Voice track

Where would I deal with that? Can I see some Gap Killer settings?

This isn't an issue I've ran into with RadioDJ songs mix well in RadioDJ compared to other playback software.

RadioDJ has a better crossfade & cue edit function cue points are stored in the database

RadioDJ Cue Editor

RadioDJ crossfades far better than SAM Broadcaster Pro I've never had a car crash of a crossfade in RadioDJ.


radio dj free radio automation music software

Reasons to Use RadioDJ:

  1. Once installed it's stable and works for days/weeks without needing to keep an eye on it
  2. Great Music library support add as many categories & subcategories you require
  3. RadioDJ doesn't require online activations or registration keys
  4. RadioDJ sounds Professional with the BASS sound engine
  5. RadioDJ is 100% FREE and has ZERO restrictions on what YOU use it for
  6. The Database is really stable. Plus RadioDJ comes with a Database Backup Tool
  7. Easy to manage Playlists, Rotations & Events for all your automation needs
  8. Great Technical Support should something go wrong with your installation via the Forums
  9. Customisable Interface with the Color Editor

How To Install RadioDJ


IF you've been having issues getting SAM to play jingles then make the switch to RadioDJ

RadioDJ won't cut your Jingles or Station ID's off abruptly like SAM does for so many users.

On the whole RadioDJ is an AWESOME piece of radio playout software