A Fool And Their Money Are Soon Parted!

Most people know I dislike a program called SAM Broadcaster Pro made by Spacial Audio Solutions LLC

sam broadcaster pro

I gave SAM Broadcaster all the chances in the world over a good 12 year period.

SAM Broadcaster went wrong on different computers it wasn't just confined to One computer.

Please let me explain a little as to why I hate that piece of software so much:

I discovered Internetradio in 1999 when I first started using the Internet

Although It was 2002 before I got the chance to DJ online

Early versions of Streaming Audio Manager v1.3 required Winamp as a backend player and it was absolute pants.

sam broadcaster v1.3

SAM Broadcaster wasn't great when you went to add a music folder It would crash & lockup before it imported all of the songs.

In 2002 one of the stations I listened to was advertising for DJ's so I signed up & I ended up with a regular weekly radio show.

They supplied SAM Broadcaster v2.7.9 & the keys to the software which I presumed were DJ seat keys.

SAM Broadcaster 2.7.9

Despite being talked through the setup of the program it was fiddly/awkward/annoying to setup

I hadn't worked with MySQL up until that point.

The program never worked as it should & it would crash or malfunction

sam broadcaster encoders buffering

The crashing issues cost me my position on the Oldies station

After my partner upgraded the software to SAM 4.x.x in 2010 I still couldn't get it to work as advertised.

SAM Broadcaster just wouldn't do what it was designed to do and that's to stream/play music.

The final straw came on New Year's Day 2011 when SAM Broadcaster 4.x.x suffered from a Clockwheel Failure.

Unable to pick any track Sam Broadcaster

clockwheel failure sam broadcaster pro studio live dj

It got tiring when the software didn't work as advertised.

SAM wasn't playing any songs yet the clockwheel rotation had more than 5000+ tracks to choose from.

Clockwheel SAM Broadcaster

I had track separation set at 1440 minutes (24 Hours) and artist separation at 240 minutes.

Lack of available songs/artists/files WASN'T the cause of the issue.

I gave SAM up as a bad job & I was truly fed up to the back teeth with SAM Broadcaster not working as it should!

Enough was enough!


My thoughts on SAM Broadcaster Pro?

SAM is the "Fisher Price" of radio software and has no place in a studio

Its nothing more than a glorified Windows Media player with encoding capabilities


I then discovered a piece of software via a Google search called RadioDJ.

Radio DJ v1.3.7.0

I decided to switch to Radio DJ after the clockwheel failures and other assorted problems with SAM Broadcaster

I instantly liked the program & found it easy to use. It held up for a lot longer than SAM Broadcaster ever could.

I now swear by RadioDJ as a music automation program

RadioDJ has NEVER let me down & it's always been there and worked everytime I've gone to use it.

I doubt anyone will want SAM Broadcaster Pro with its glaring bugs & Issues.

You need a Stand Alone Encoding program with RadioDJ ITS NO MORE DIFFICULT than using a built in encoder.

RadioDJ has taken all of the stress out of automating my music. It works as an automation program should and its flawless

Before you think about paying out $$$ for SAM Broadcaster have a look at RadioDJ.

RadioDJ sounds more Professional compared to SAM.

The SAM Broadcaster sound processing is AWFUL and users often complain of distortion on their streams.

Want to try RadioDJ then you can download it from the link below.


radio dj free radio automation music software
  1. RadioDJ is 100% FREE and has ZERO restrictions
  2. RadioDJ doesn't require online activations or registrations
  3. Once installed it's stable and works for days/weeks/months without needing to keep an eye on it
  4. Great Music library support add as many categories/subcategories you require
  5. Easy to manage Playlists, Rotations & Events for all your automation needs
  6. RadioDJ comes with a Database Backup Tool to Backup your songs/rotations/events/playlists
  7. RadioDJ sounds Professional with the BASS sound engine
  8. Great Technical Support should something go wrong with your installation via the Forums
  9. Customisable Interface with the Color Editor

How To Install RadioDJ


You will be pleasantly surprised by how RadioDJ free radio playout software works

RadioDJ is 100% FREE for use by any DJ or radio station in the world

You can use RadioDJ: Where You Want, When You Want, How You Want


There are ZERO restrictions on the amount of stations/copies of RadioDJ you can run.

If you've not been totally convinced to use Radio DJ and you end up purchasing SAM Broadcaster Pro

Remember a FOOL and their MONEY are soon parted!