Better Way To Catalogue Your Music? (Music Automation Software For PC)

Q: Do you still listen to and play music from Compact Discs??

We guess thats OK but technology has moved on since the release of the Compact Disc in 1984.

Compact Disc Logo

I haven't bought a physical CD in years. I think I bought my last CD in the early 2000's

I discovered digital audio when I first used the Internet in 1999.

Wasn't AudioGalaxy brilliant?

I've tried lots of different music software. Some of those pieces of software were really awful and some of them were OK.

It took me over 10 years to find decent music playout automation software.

In 2010 I found RadioDJ FREE radio automation software.

RadioDJ turned out to be the best piece of music automation software EVER!

If you're looking for a better way to catalogue your music then you need to digitize your CD's to a digital format.

(e.g. mp3, FLAC, WAV) and then use software such as RadioDJ to catalogue and play them with.

It may take time to rip your CD Collection converting them to digital format will have its benefits in the long run.

Compact Discs don't last forever and can be easily scratched

Storage isn't expensive 2TB+ Internal hard drive cost $60/$77 which means you don't have to break the bank.

Or you can get CLOUD storage to store all your media I backup my music to Google Drive.

We DON'T recommend using external USB drives with RadioDJ due to the fact USB drives go to sleep occasionally.

Its not that difficult to install & keep on top of a MySQL database either so don't let that part freak you out

RadioDJ support a wide range of audio formats right out of the box


Supported Audio Codecs:

*.mp3;*.ogg;*.wav;*.mp2;*.mp1;*.aiff;*.m2a;*.mpa;*.m1a;*.mpg;*.mpeg;*.bwf;*.mus;*.wma;*.wmv;*.aac;*.adts;*.mp4;*.m4a;*.m4b;*.m4p;*.mod;*.mo3;*.s3m;*.xm;*.it;*.mtm;*.umx;*.mdz;*.s3z;*.itz;*.xmz;*.flac;*.midi;*.rmi;*.kar;*.opus;*.wv;*.ape;*.apl;*.mpc;*.mpp;*.mp+;*.spx;*.tta;

More file types can be added from the BASS Library http://un4seen.com/


radio dj free radio automation music software

Reasons to Use RadioDJ:

  1. Once installed it's stable and works for days/weeks without needing to keep an eye on it
  2. Great Music library support add as many categories & subcategories you require
  3. RadioDJ doesn't require online activations or registration keys
  4. RadioDJ sounds Professional with the BASS sound engine
  5. RadioDJ is 100% FREE and has ZERO restrictions on what YOU use it for
  6. The Database is really stable. Plus RadioDJ comes with a Database Backup Tool
  7. Easy to manage Playlists, Rotations & Events for all your automation needs
  8. Great Technical Support should something go wrong with your installation via the Forums
  9. Customisable Interface with the Color Editor

How To Install RadioDJ


With RadioDJ you can catalogue your music the way YOU want and not the way other software wants to reorganise it.

You can create as many categories/subcategories that you require.

I have my music collection catalogued by decade usually as that's what works best for me.

You can do your own thing when it comes to cataloguing your music in RadioDJ you can catalogue it the way you want.

My music collection in its current state makes up about 14000 tracks all those tracks have been loaded into RadioDJ.

I filtered out obscure album tracks when I was ripping my CD collection otherwise my music collection would have been bigger.

Once installed RadioDJ and imported the tracks then you just need to program track rotation rotation (Options).

Track rotation RadioDJ

I take daily backups of my database so I don't lose all my library of songs.

Tip: Backup your database to a USB pen drive.

If you use RadioDJ to its full potential then you should have a STRESS FREE music experience.

Did we mention RadioDJ was FREE to use?

Well it is 100% Free for use by anyone anywhere with ZERO restrictions.

We know of users of RadioDJ with 300,000 plus tracks in their MySQL databases.

Although I don't know why anyone would want a music collection that large.

It may take you time to get your music collection catalogued the way you want but the hard work will be worth it in the long run.

Remember: When you make a change in RadioDJ backup the database afterwards

There really isn't much to setting it all up, but as always if you get stuck ask for help on the Forums

RadioDJ Community Forums where one of the many volunteer members will come to your assistance.