The Most Perfect Database Software?

2024 will mark 10 years of me being a MariaDB user. I've used it alongside a lot of versions of RadioDJ.

MariaDB Logo

I'd seen someone mention in 2014 that they had found MariaDB so I went and installed it.

Maria DB hasn't let me down. I can't even remember the last time I had to fire up HeidiSQL to do maintenance to my databases.

MariaDB is being used by some large corporations across the world!

I had MariaDB powering my old website before I had to cancel the VPS due to technical issues beyond my control.

On my VPS servers MariaDB performed amazingly well compared to MySQL Community Server from Oracle.

The author of RadioDJ did a few tests and it appears that MariaDB processes SQL queries fast than Oracle MySQL.

I had nothing but headaches with Oracle MySQL community server

I only ever do a bit of basic housework with MariaDB. I optimise my RadioDJ database every day by an event.

Its been a LONG time since I had to repair my Databases.

MariaDB the most PERFECT piece of Database Software? I'd like to think so