RadioDJ And Its Magic Crossfade

I'm sat here surfing the web & RadioDJ is playing away in the background doing amazing crossfades between songs and jingles.

The crossfading in RadioDJ is just another reason to LOVE the software

I'm happy I've found the most perfect piece of audio playback software.

Radio DJ FREE Radio Playout Software

If only technology had been this advanced in the 1980s

I wouldn't have a bad back from carrying boxes of Vinyl

Most of the DJ automation software I tried out back in 1999/2000 was a nightmare to work with in all honesty

Some of the DJ software offerings 20+ years ago were so bad they would would crash if you tried adding a large library of songs.

I tried Winamp 2.9 and it was OK as a media player but wasn't ideal for doing DJ work with,

Winamp struggled to crossfade smoothly between tracks even with the use of DSP Crossfading plugins.

winamp

Then I discovered a program called MusicMatch Jukebox which at the time was the best audio player available. It had a reasonable crossfade.

I lost the key details for Musicmatch when an email provider went bust taking all my emails with it.

In 2001 I got my first Windows PC & I had previously amassed some music .mp3 files from the ex partners Windows 98 PC.

Then I came across SAM Broadcaster

I found SAM Broadcaster was poor at crossfading no matter which settings I tried.

Car Crash Crossfades happened quite often with SAM Broadcaster in its various guises.

I started using RadioDJ v1.3.7.0 in 2010 on my XP laptop, once I imported tracks & configured a rotation it was off like a whippet

Its been plain sailing ever since with RadioDJ.

RadioDJ has always crossfaded songs/jingles/promos properly.

Every new release gets better and better as it goes along even the old 1.6.x.x. Beta versions were amazingly stable too.

These are the settings I use for Crossfading in RadioDJ.

Mixer Buffer = 3

Start Threshold = -25 db
Mix Threshold = -15 db
End Threshold = -28 db

My fadeout duration has been set at 3900ms for a few years now and always fades tracks rather well.

RadioDJ made playing music & streaming a pleasure again

RadioDJ makes me smile with some of the transitions I hear between songs...

Yes I know I RAVE about RadioDJ Free Radio Automation Software

As I've said many a time its the most PERFECT music automation program ever!

BTW: @Spacial Audio RadioDJ doesn't need any marketing gimmicks.

The software speaks loud enough for itself by the amount of downloads it receives month on month.


radio dj free radio automation music software

Reasons to Use RadioDJ:

  1. Once installed it's stable and works for days/weeks without needing to keep an eye on it
  2. Great Music library support add as many categories & subcategories you require
  3. RadioDJ doesn't require online activations or registration keys
  4. RadioDJ sounds Professional with the BASS sound engine
  5. RadioDJ is 100% FREE and has ZERO restrictions on what YOU use it for
  6. The Database is really stable. Plus RadioDJ comes with a Database Backup Tool
  7. Easy to manage Playlists, Rotations & Events for all your automation needs
  8. Great Technical Support should something go wrong with your installation via the Forums
  9. Customisable Interface with the Color Editor

How To Install RadioDJ


The credit has to go to the author of RadioDJ. Without Marius Vaida & his passion the program wouldn't be where it is today.

Its not just for Radio DJ's Its also great as a Home Music automation solution

RadioDJ could even replace your old DJ software.

I know I'd be using it for parties if I was still doing DJ work.

Its just so easy to use and incredibly stable that's what I like most about the software.

RadioDJ is the music automation software everyone should be using!