I've Tried Lots of Radio Software

In my 20+ years of being into Internetradio I have tried all sorts of different radio automation software packages.

I wish I could remember the name of half of the different pieces of software but here's a few...

DRS 2006, SAM Broadcaster, Jazler, Raduga, Zararadio, Winamp (Plus Others)

When my interest piqued for Internet radio in 1999 I tested software that was available at the time.

I started out as listener at first and discovered Winamp for listening to Shoutcast stations.

It was 2001 before I bought my first PC and I set out to discover what Internet radio was all about.

One of the Oldies stations I'd discovered was asking for DJ's so I applied and got a weekly 3 hour show.

The software I had to use was SAM Broadcaster and that went wrong so often I lost my position on the station.

Wether that be encoders buffering or the program freezing the software never worked as it should.

SAM Broadcaster Unable To Send Data Fast Enough Encoders Buffering

I was lucky to get any uptime with SAM Broadcaster

It would often crash taking the database with it then you'd have to faff around reinstalling.

In 2004 I had to take a break from Internet radio due to other things going on in life.

I still used SAM Broadcaster for my music automation and it was awful and unstable.

I attempted to get a station back on air in early 2010 & decided to give SAM Broadcaster another try.

SAM Broadcaster turned out to be a bigger disaster than when I'd attempted to use Winamp to stream.

Winamp didn't do crossfading that well and you had to change playlists manually
and it would also sometimes freeze and crash due to dodgy plugins

I gave SAM Broadcaster all the chances in the world I tried but no matter what I did the program was flaky and unreliable.

I'm not alone in thinking SAM Broadcaster Pro is an unreliable program

SAM messed up my new years programming 2010>2011 I'd woken up and found SAM had malfunctioned I realy lost my temper.

It cost me any listeners I'd managed to attract to my stream on new years eve.

unable queue song sam broadcaster clockwheel failure

SAM suffered from a Clockwheel Failure

clockwheel failure sam broadcaster pro studio live dj

SAM was just playing Jingles and Station ID's instead of the 5000+ music tracks the rotation had to choose from.

I spent too much time fighting with inferior software to be able to run a successful online radio station

After SAM had screwed me over I started using a little known program called RadioDJ

radio dj free radio playout software

RadioDJ turned out to be THE BEST piece of music playout software ever

Its been the BEDROCK of my automation since I first installed it way back in 2010.

I've used every version of RadioDJ including BETA releases

In over 10 years it has NOT let me down

Radio DJ makes Internet radio automation a pleasure NOT a chore

RadioDJ has come a long way since I first downloaded it. It becomes more powerful with every new release.

Not Tried RadioDJ?

You can download RadioDJ from the link below:


radio dj free radio automation music software

Reasons to Use RadioDJ:

  1. Once installed it's stable and works for days/weeks without needing to keep an eye on it
  2. Great Music library support add as many categories & subcategories you require
  3. RadioDJ doesn't require online activations or registration keys
  4. RadioDJ sounds Professional with the BASS sound engine
  5. RadioDJ is 100% FREE and has ZERO restrictions on what YOU use it for
  6. The Database is really stable. Plus RadioDJ comes with a Database Backup Tool
  7. Easy to manage Playlists, Rotations & Events for all your automation needs
  8. Great Technical Support should something go wrong with your installation via the Forums
  9. Customisable Interface with the Color Editor

How To Install RadioDJ


People don't believe me when I say RadioDJ is FREE but it is 100% FREE for use by any DJ or station anywhere.

RadioDJ has a great proven uptime of 4 years